It is the time of year again....new competitions....new ways to make it happen. Here are Screenplay competitions with the focus on craftsmanship. A coherent three-act story structure coupled with compelling characters, clever plotlines and crisp dialogue will catapult the right screenplay into the quarter- or even semi-finalist stage.
Reaching this level is all but guaranteed to generate reader requests which help you win
and maybe even some phone calls from interested parties.
Top 10 screenplay competitions:
1. Academy Nicholl Fellowship http://www.oscars.org/nicholl
2. Sundance Screenwriters Lab http://www.sundance.org/programs/feature-film#labs
3. Final Draft Big Break Contest https://store.finaldraft.com/big-break-contest.html
4. TrackingB http://www.trackingb.com/contests/?contest_id=36
5. Launch Pad https://www.tblaunchpad.com/
6. Slamdance http://showcase.slamdance.com/Screenplay-Competition
7. Scriptapalooza http://www.scriptapalooza.com/home.php
8. PAGE International https://pageawards.com/
9. BlueCat http://www.bluecatscreenplay.com/
10. Austin Film Festival https://austinfilmfestival.com/submit/screenplay-and-teleplay-submissions-2/